The Sheltered Work Opportunities Project (SWOP) is going “QUACKERS”
Join us this weekend for a waddle and a splash with all the family at our “Great Duck Races” on Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st July in Bournemouth Lower Gardens.
Still time to buy tickets via the link below or on the day , availability permitting.
There will be plenty of opportunity to win cash prizes in the equivalent of the Grand National for (toy) Ducks. The going will be wet and the ducks will have to negotiate the natural hurdles and obstacles of the Bourne Stream. 2000 highly trained competitive plastic ducks will race, float, paddle or even sink in their pursuit of the major prizes for the owners of their lucky numbers.
Alongside the races, many other prize competitions such as Name That Duck, Guess My Weight and Hook-a-Duck will be taking place for everyone of all ages to enjoy and local musicians will be entertaining us from the bandstand overlooking the stream race course, which has been sponsored by Heathland House Care Home. A wide variety of music is being planned including bands, singers, choirs and instrumentalists.
On both Saturday and Sunday, races start at 11am and continue until the last race at 4pm.
Saturday 30th July 2022
11am – Race 1 sponsored by The HR Dept
12 noon – Race 2 sponsored by NFU Mutual Bournemouth
1 pm- Race 3 sponsored by Talbot Heath School
2 pm – Race 4 sponsored by Dancing Daisy
3 pm – Race 5 sponsored by Dancemania Dance Wear
4 pm – Race 6 sponsored by Yellow Buses
Sunday 31st July 2022
11am – Race 1 sponsored by Wessex Aloe
12noon – Race 2 sponsored by Coversure Insurance
1pm – Race 3 sponsored by Even Keel Solutions
2pm – Race 4 sponsored by Individuality Swimming
3pm – Race 5 sponsored by Fix It Windows and Doors
4pm – Race 6 sponsored by Ferndown Business Network
Simply click on the link below to BUY TICKETS button to purchase your tickets,we will then contact you via email to establish which races you would like your tickets for and issue the relevant ticket numbers.
(Please note a 50p transaction fee will be applied to all online orders)
Thank you for supporting the Sheltered Work Opportunities Project and our sponsors and Best of Luck
Terms and conditions below –
Sheltered Work Opportunities Project
(Includes Cherry Tree Nursery and Chestnut Nursery)
DUCK RACE 2022 (Lotteries)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The organiser is Sheltered Work Opportunities Project (SWOP).
- On Saturday 30 July and Sunday 31 July 2022, a Race Control will be established in Bournemouth Lower Gardens BH1 2AQ between 0900 hours and 1700 hours.
- The Promoter is Cherry Tree Nursery, Sheltered Work Opportunities Project, Off New Road Roundabout, Northbourne, Bournemouth, BH10 7DA.
- On Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st April, Six Duck Races will be run on each day; each race will be run as separate lotteries.
- Each Race/lottery will consist of previously published numbers for each race.
- The lotteries are authorised by Gambling Act 2005, Lottery Licence number LOT161185, issued by BCP on 26.10.2021.
- Tickets can only be sold to persons 16 years of age and older.
- The lotteries are open to all Residents of the United Kingdom 16 years of age and over, except members of the Sheltered Work Opportunities Project and their agencies directly involved in the running of the lotteries.
- All profits from the lotteries will be used to support the general charitable work of the Sheltered Work Opportunities Project, registered charity number 900325.
- Participation in the lotteries can be made by purchase of a ticket or tickets from a member of the Sheltered Work Opportunities Project or any associated sponsor or from the ticket sales outlet in Bournemouth Lower Gardens BH1 2AQ on 30th and 31st July 2022.
- All Duck numbers/tickets available for sale in each race will be entered into the lotteries whether sold or not.
- Duck Race ticket numbers will be considered sold only when the whole payment is received.
- Where a winning Duck/ticket is unsold, that prize will be donated to the Sheltered Work Opportunities Project.
- The Sheltered Work Opportunities Project accepts no responsibility for tickets which are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- Any ticket entries received after the start time stated on the ticket may miss entry into the lotteries and will be considered as a donation to the Sheltered Work Opportunities Project.
- Winning ticket numbers will be the numbers corresponding to the first three (3) numbered ducks crossing the finishing line of the Duck Races held on 30th & 31st July 2022 in Bournemouth Lower Gardens, as retrieved by event volunteers working at the finish line. If it is impractical to run the races, because of river conditions or any other reason, a member of the public will be asked to select, at random and in a public place, winning duck numbers from all the ducks that were to participate in the race(s).
- Winning numbers will be announced and displayed on a board after each race at the Duck Race ticket sales outlet in Bournemouth Lower Gardens BH1 2AQ and also on the SWOP websites not later than Monday 1st August: www.cherrytreenursery.org.uk www.chestnutnursery.org.uk To request a list of winners and numbers by post please send a stamped addressed envelope to: Maria Tidy, Cherry Tree Nursery, Sheltered Work Opportunities Project, Off New Road Roundabout, Northbourne, Bournemouth, BH10 7DA
- The result of the race, as declared by the organisers, is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- There are no alternatives to non-cash prizes, in whole or in part; non-cash prizes have no redeemable cash value and maybe time limited.
- Players should keep their ticket/allocated number as proof of purchase and will be asked to produce their ticket(s) when claiming prizes.
- Cash prize money will be paid by Sterling cheque, drawn on a UK bank.
- Where valid contact information is available, holders of winning tickets will be contacted by the organiser to arrange payment. Prizes may be collected on the day of the race, by contacting Race Control at the ticket sales outlet in Bournemouth Lower Gardens BH1 2AQ and supplying proof of purchase and identification, if required.
- Where the organiser is unable to contact a prize-winner so that a prize remains unclaimed for four weeks following the organiser’s first attempt to notify the prize-winner, the prize will be deemed as a donation to the Sheltered Work Opportunities Project.
- By claiming and accepting a prize, players agree to publicity which will be carried out at the sole discretion of the Sheltered Work Opportunities Project.
- All players are required to co-operate with the organiser’s right to publish their win, as and when deemed appropriate, and to provide proof of age when requested.
- In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, the organisers reserve the right to administer the lottery as though the error had not occurred. Where the organiser deems it appropriate and/or feasible the organiser will notify entrants of the error.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of an entry in the lottery.
- The organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.